Leaded Lights - Petworth
Some historical period houses still retain their traditional leaded lights on the Surrey Sussex border. Externally leaded lights are a thing of real beauty, largely due to the type of glass that was used. In many cases it was a drawn sheet glass, this glass is no longer manufactured so for those that still have it they are very lucky as this glass retains the character of the house. Many of the houses between Petworth and Northchapel are amongst those that still retain their traditional leaded lights. Their owners have found that even if they leak or become bowed they can easily be professionally restored which will inject a further hundred years of character into your home if maintained correctly.
Benefits of choosing a P.A.C.R. Accredited Restoration Studio.
- To re-use all of the characterful undulating glass.
- Retaining all of the original character to your home.
- The use of tried & tested materials in restoration.
- Help to retain the value in your property by keeping it original.
- We have very many happy customers dating back to 1972.
- The end to bowing that will go when new lead is used.
- A company with an enviable reputation to uphold.
- The use of English Hand Drawn lead in restoration.
If you have any questions concerning your traditional leaded light windows, we as a local company specialising in restoration, manufacture and repair of traditional leaded lights throughout Surrey and Sussex.
We are proud to have an enviable reputation to uphold.
Established in Horsham since 1972 and working on leaded light windows for fine homes, Listed Buildings, National Trust properties and Churches. See our website for further details.
Call Cliff Durant.
The Glasshouse Studio
Telephone: 01403 264607
Mobile: 07860 310 138